Cancellation, Refund, Make-up, and Exchange Policies
I understand that life happens! The studio policies are in place to help students and families understand their responsibilities regarding cancellations, lateness, illness and other ‘life happens’ moments. Please read carefully before registering. I look forward to each lesson and spend many hours each week in preparation. If you should have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com
There will be no refunds for missed classes, camps or workshops.
Due to our small class sizes, this policy ensures that we are compensated for our time and materials, and gives students on the wait list an opportunity to join a sold out class.
- All classes are drop-off, kids only. The studio does not allow space for a waiting area, but there are lots of fun shops and restaurants to visit. When you return, your child will be thrilled to show off their handiwork.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for class and try to pick up your child on time at the end of class.
- Tardiness: If you are running late, please call or text me. There is just enough time in class to teach and sew a particular project and one person’s tardiness can throw off the entire class!
- Date Transfers: Your child's registration can be transferred to another class time or day with one-week notice (based on availability). Transfer must be of equal value and take place within the same session.
- If You Cancel: Should you need to cancel your registration for any reason two weeks prior to the start date of the class Little Stitch Studio will process a refund (less the non-refundable deposit of $100) within 10 business days.
- No Shows: Any no-shows will forfeit their full class/workshop fee. Please let me know if your child will not be able to join us prior to the class start time.
Camps require a non-refundable $100 deposit. Balance is due one month prior to camp start date. There are no refunds for cancellations after May 10, 2024.
Flex Pass Cancellation Policy
Due to the nature of Summer Sewing Classes, I do not offer make up classes or reschedules for any missed days and we do not refund/give credit for missed days. No credit/monetary refund will be given for missed days and it cannot be transferred to private lessons, group or after school classes. No exceptions. Please check your schedule and make sure your child has no other conflicts before purchasing a Flex Pass.
Make up Class
In order to keep your child's fashion and sewing education on track I can accommodate one make up class during a 8-week course for Fashion Design and Sewing Classes (kids and teens). Make-up classes are taken during another sewing class time, in the same session, and require advance scheduling so that I’m ready with your child's project. This make-up class policy is for multi-week sewing classes only offered during the fall, winter, and spring terms. Please note there are no make-up classes for workshops.
Little Stitch Studio follows Norfolk Public Schools Inclement Weather Closing Policies. If Public schools in the City of Norfolk close for inclement weather, Little Stitch Studio will cancel any scheduled classes. In that case, I will add an additional class to the current 8-week session so that no time is lost.
Re-enrollment for continuing session will open during weeks 4 and 5 of each session. Students must re-enroll for the same day and time as they are currently taking in order to secure their spot in class. If you should need to change class days, please contact me. I will do my best to accommodate based on availability. One automated email will be sent in week 4 to remind you to re-enroll your student, it is not the responsibility of the studio to follow up.
There is a small parking lot across the street from the studio and lots of street parking on Shirley and Colley Avenue. The driveway between the studio and the apartment building next door can be used for a quick pick-up or drop-off but is not a parking space.
The studio is set up and ready for you to sew. I provide sewing machines, fabric, tools and supplies needed to complete the projects. If your child would like to bring their own machine, please let me know in advance so that I have an open space.